Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hectic Day

Boss is back in town so everyone hit the ground running. Good to be busy though. Fiona got the apartment in Vancouver so she and Em will be moving in next week on her birthday - how cool is that. Been too tired to take Alex for a walk tonight and the evenings are drawing in really quickly so I am not really comfortable going walking in the dark. He doesnt care everyone he meets is a friend....

Am reading a book by Barbara Sher called Wishcraft. Written for people mostly women who want to have a life after 40 or in my case 50. For the last couple of years I have been trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up. What is my passion. Am working my way through the book rather more slowly than I thought I would. Spent a lot of time weeping not so much for lost opportunities which are many but how I was taught to think about myself as a person and woman and only now am I coming to realise that was other people's ideas and beliefs that were imprinted on me not my own and how I can still have a rich full life and discover my "passion" whatever that may be.

Alex is curled up on the chair next to me fast asleep. It is quite lovely when I am in the house he is never far away and likes to sleep with some part of himself touching me. Very comforting. Although still cant get him to watch the dvd Dogs for Dummies, will have to do it myself I can see.

1 comment:

Emrys said...

lol...yeah I don't think he would understand the subtext. ; P