Thursday, October 26, 2006

It was a dark and stormy day

Had worst snowstorm in at least 3 years. Really heavy snow which bent over trees and in many cases snapped branches in two. Tom, my boss, decided to not have us come in partly because it would have been pretty rough getting everyone home. The house across the street lost most of a tree at least 4 big branches came down and fell into the road, the City came sawed up the logs threw them into their yard and took off, apparently they just clear them off the street its up to you to dispose of the wood. I take my hat off to the utility workers though. I was without power for at least 2 hours, boy did that feel creepy - my house is all electric with no fireplace so could not even make myself a hot drink so Alex and I fell asleep on my recliner and he kept me warm. All together now - aaaah. Snow is melting already so should be a lovely commute tomorrow. I am going to try to attach some pictures I took to my blog, I hope.

1 comment:

Sian said...

Wow - You're getting the hang of this blogging Sis!

I so much enjoyed my visit, and now I can picture the street, and the house with the fallen branches. Brrr it must have been cold without the power. Perhaps a little gas camping stove may not come amiss - at least you will be able to make a cup of tea then!