Saturday, November 04, 2006

Game Night

Well started off the day deciding that most of the leaves off the trees so would rake them up and make the yard look presentable for Fall. After 2 1/2 hours and 5 x 30 gallon bags later managed to clean up close to the house, front door and little patio - still about 4 bags worth left but it at least made a dent. Put away all the Halloween stuff and took a trip to Gordmans and then Michaels where they had wonderful sales of Thanksgiving stuff and it is all about the stuff right!! Brought it back assembled it around the house and then fell asleep. Turned out that my hands were so sore I could barely use them in the afternoon, I think I have a touch of arthritis - oh dear such is life. Fell asleep in the reclinder for an hour or so with Alex laid across my lap sleeping, felt very cosy and comfortable. Woke up too late to cook anything for game night so stopped in Safeway picked up cheese and crackers to contribute to food. Had a lot of fun playing Beyond Balderdash - did not come in last which is usually the case and fell asleep on the sofa so they all made fun of me, how unkind is that. One of our game night friends has cancer and it sounds pretty serious, nothing like listening to something like that to remind me of how blessed and lucky I am in my life even though I have a tendency so see the glass half empty instead of the other way around.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

who has cancer? when did that happen?

Emrys said...

Yeah, curious my self.

Ian said...

.....and who the heck is Alex?

Emrys said...

lol...the dog. : )