Sunday, May 27, 2007

Family Day

Had great day on Saturday my brother and his son came to pick me up from the hotel, getting lost of course apparently there are two A34s no of which means anything to me as I cant read a map to save my life. Anyhoo, he whisked me away to Romsey to hang out with his family and my Dad and his special friend, Ellie. Absolutely fabulous. Ellie is an absolute hoot and keeps my Dad in check, my Dad looked really good better than I have seen him in years and looks a good 10 years young that his 79 years young. My bru and his lovely wife, Andy, as normal just so much fun to be around, and theirs sons, Jon and his girlfriend Katie and David really enjoyed hanging out. In fact, we decided as it was a lovely day to head into Broadlands for the country show, which actually was like the village fete only bigger. Very interesting, got to see falcons fly and dive bomb something not sure what, owls fly really close to the ground, do you know that you cannot hear owls fly they are practically silent, well if you didnt you do now.... There was lawnmower races, cream teas, and all manner of totally useless stuff. Just goes to show how much England is changed when I lived here 27 years ago the village fete was all about cakes and jams, now it includes curry tasting and exotic foods from practially everywhere. Not a bad big of progress really.
Speaking of curry, my excellent brother got me an Indian meal from the local restaurant which was absolutely delicious and then he had to return me to the hotel.

I had a wonderful time and again was reminded of how much we underestimate how wonderful it is to be loved and belong to a family however far apart we are.

No comments: