Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Perils of Pauline

Started the day with falling out of the shower and sliding around the bathroom on my butt. The baths here are really deep and so I stepped out of the shower expecting to put my foot on the floor but did not reach down far enough so slipped and slid around like a beached whale, did not hurt myself, thank god, just my dignity. So then cleaned myself up and went to join Cheryl for breakfast and coming back to the room later, she had come back earlier I could not remember the room mnumber and tried to break into 4036 when in actuallity our room number is 4063, had to run down stairs ask the kind Indian gentleman for help which was useless because I think he thought I was breaking in, anyhoo he called the number of the room he thought Cheryl was in and up I came. Some after some heart pounding I was able to relax.
Decided to take a runn into the City. Took free bus from outside the hotel, then got on Underground went so see Museum of London. Very informative went right back tno Stone Age and up to present. Of course today was the day all the schools had school visits but that was fun too as the children had to go around and find stuff so it was like watching a scavenger hunt.

After that headed to St. Paul's Cathedral. Now that is impressive, what iseven m or impressive is that it is a functioning church and at noon there was a communion service. Cheryl and I hope to go to a service on Sunday. Took some time walking around but it is vast so after about 1 1/2 hours left for journey back.
It took about an hour for the trip from the hotel into central London so might just do it again tomorrow. Go somewhere different of course.
Looks like it will be just me going to see Ian, Cheryl is packed with stuff so I think she is going to take Saturday off and let me visit the familia while she chills out which is rather nice and I dont feel I have to entertain her or at least make sure she is not bored, not that one can get bored with my family but hopefully she will see them in the evening when Ian brings me back. Then she and I will "do" London Sunday and Monday which will be wonderful.

Well more tomorrow. Love you all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a lovely day. other than the fall. don't do that! i'd like you back in one peace please!!! :-) where are the pictures? are you at least taking them even though you can't post them?

Unknown said...

Where oh where are the photos we were promised?! *Sigh. It sounds like you're having a terrific time except for that little problem with the tub! :P And, I am so glad that you get to see your family, too! You are really taking in the sights--terrific! Hope you continue to enjoy yourself but not so much you don't want to come home!

Pauline said...

I keep forgetting to take the camera out. Tomorrow I am going to Windsor so i will have some then, I promise.

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!!! that figures.