Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm Back

Okay so I did not know how much I use my computer during the weekend until I could not use it because the hard drive took a nose dive. I rushed through my blog got it done and then the dreaded blue screen appeared and this time would not got away. Anyhoo, did not get out of my pjs until Sunday afternoon, even the dog was keeping downwind of me, but it was so cold did not want to go outside. Cheryl rescued me in the great red truck they have and off we went to Montagues. I made her take me by the park to see the home I am hoping to move into, I had seen so many of them the last week that they had all kind of melded into one. Looks lovely, so now just have to wait for paperwork to be accepted.
I did have one funny thing happen to me this weekend though. My cable has not been working well so when Em turned up on Friday to take me out to dinner for the big 55 he said it sounded like the signal was not getting through. Now I had loudly complained to the cable company (hard to believe I know) and had set up an early morning appointment for Saturday, 7:00 a.m. So after dinner and after Em had left after showing me how to do more cool things with my little iPod I suddenly thought, could I have done something - well, I could and I did. Some weeks ago my $25 DVD player died after 5 years, what is the world coming to, so I disconnected it and threw it away and I think at that time I must have "jiggled" the cable wire because on Friday night when I "jiggled" it again, guess what all the channels came through. How embarrasing! So when the cable guy called Saturday morning to say he was on his way I had to tell him I had fixed it. His pregnant pause said it all..... But the great part is I can watch PBS again, lovely.

2 comments:

Emrys said...

lol...well at least you giured it out : )

Anonymous said...

lol!!!! you should have had emrys take a look to make sure your wires were crossed correctly. wait... your wires have never been crossed correctly. ;-)