Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday Morning - Computer Woes

Up and moving at 4:00 a.m. - not sure why that should be the start of most of my days but up and at "em I was. Threw the dog out, not literally of course, for its morning constitutional in the subzero temps. Had absolutely no trouble getting him back in this morning....
Watched Alien vs. Predator, love that movie - how biazzare is that - I am how old.... Anyhoo, after that decided to get on computer. Well.... the dreaded blue screen came up again. On hour later after having talked with someone called Jason in Canada as opposed to a gentleman in India called H..... last night finally came up with a prognosis that my hard drive is dying..... so they are sending me a new one but apparently I should be saving all my stuff to CDs - not quite sure how to do that but I am sure one of my wonderful children can help me through that. Jason was very patient with all my questions, my greatest fear of course that I had done something to make the hard drive go bad, its all about me you know, but apparently that would be pretty difficult so after sighing with relief went on to order another hard drive, luckily it is covered by my warranty. Never thought those things actually worked. Quite funny really after it is all over, I made my bed, cleaned up the bathroom and washed the floor all while waiting for the technician to come on the line. He remote accessed the thing - now it does feel as aliens are taking over the world and while he could not fix it at least I know what is wrong. So will try to type really quickly before things stop again which apparently they can.
Well today is definitely a day to stay in one's pjs and read a good book so I think I will do that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol! i'm sorry your computer died. i'm sure it must be something emrys did. wink, wink hopefully you should be up and running again in no time.

ps... i love avp!!!