Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Morning

Fell asleep in the chair with the dogs, Alex and visiting friend, Sammy at about 9:30 p.m. so decided would go to bed. Well, of course, slept for my usual obligatory 4 hours and then woke up again. Now the dogs have taken to following me around so even though they could barely see out of their eyes they dragged themselves up with me to the computer room, settled down again and fell asleep at my feet. I then decided to research through Oprah.com her and Bob Greene's 12-week plan for getting some order into my life as for weight loss and exercise. You know, this woman has so much common sense. I love her. I was able, because now of course I am wide awake, able to review her and Bob's suggestions for a gentlely does it kind of life plan - 1200 calorie a day food plan and 30 minutes exercise a day for 6 days a week. I even signed a contact with myself and pinned it up on the kitchen door to remind myself. I am doing this partly because as I hurtle towards 55 (in 11 days time) I am feeling my most heavy and unfit in the longest time. I had thought I would throw myself into exercise after my reduction surgery, however, that has taken rather a back seat because of the plantar facia in my left foot, but really its because I had still not decided that I wanted to get healthly and fit and that entails losing weight. A lot of my physical ailments are directly related to how much excess weight I carry and thats it. It is what it is and if I want to have more energy there are things I need to do. I can do this for 12 weeks. After that I can look at my progress, then tweak it and set off again. At the present feeling quite calm about it - will update how I feel every evening for the 12 weeks.

Have a marvellous New Year everyone. God bless.

3 comments:

Emrys said...

That sounds like a good idea. And stop saying hurtling towards 55. So dramatic ; )

Ian said...

How about rapidly degenerating. Will that do Em? Bare in mind that no matter how old I get she'll always be older than me.

Pauline said...

You two suck.....