Thursday, January 11, 2007

Partial Birthday Day

Well day started well with me being unable to sleep so up at 4:00 a.m. but got on the computer to discover my geeky son had hacked into my blog and put a lovely wallpaper on there with candles and everything - good job he did not put every single candle on cake as we could have all been blinded....
Got to work to find Carrie had decorated my cubicle with birthday stuff including some pictures she downloaded for me of Scot and my parent's wedding day in 1948. Then Tom and Lauren came in and Tom gave me a Happy Birthday banner and they sang me Happy Birthday - Carrie being the only one in tune but who is complaining. Got wonderful goofy cards from Fi and Em, Kevin, Laura and Carrie (we all have really strange senses of humor - I love Hoops and Yoyo - kind of like me after I have eaten the cake). During the middle of the morning the Fedex guy arrived with my present from Carrie and Kevin which is amazing. I have always admired Winston Churchill, always felt he was the man for the time during World War II and he was a marvellous, deeply moving speaker. Well, they got me a CD of him delivering the Finest Hour speech from June 18 1940 along with a book which included a copy of the first and final drafts of the speech with all his notations. Made me go goose pimply... I will listen to it tonight and read the book. Felt like I have my own piece of history.
Then it was time for lunch so Tom took us out to lunch at The Famous, great steak and fish restaurant. Came back and Lauren gave me a beautiful necklace and Tom and Pat gave me spa stuff so I am spoiled rotten and I love it.
Hard to work, cant you tell. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!!

Emrys said...

glad you had a great day mom....love you. ; )