Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Disappointed

Well heard last night that I did not get approved for the loan for the little home so no moving for right now. I tried to hang on to the fact that as everyone says if it was meant to work out it would, however, in theory that sounds great, in practice it sucks. I did not realise how much I wanted to be out of the area I am in and into the new place. It also did not help that it seems I have to keep revisiting my financial "sins" over the last few years which seem to haunt me forever. Dont ever go bankrupt it does not pay - if you cant handle money then find someone to help you, I think its a bit too late for me. If I knew then what I know now.... Of course, my deposit will take at least a week to get back to me, more irritation but I think I am mostly deeply embarrassed about this situation. I am 55 years old, cant get a loan, am renting, no financial assets anywhere, do not go down this path. I think I actually dreamt about being old and living under a bridge last night.... with spiders no less, not sure what that came from.... other than that its been a wonderful day...

5 comments:

Emrys said...

Just be patient. You have only recently really tried to recover from your past financial mistakes. It takes time. No worries. You'll get what you want. Just not in the time your wanting at the moment. But just think of how much more fulfiiling it will be once you finally get it and it will be truly what you want : )

Admire the View. said...

I agree with Em. This just gives you a chance to take another look at what you need to do to get what you want and where you want to be. I know that the financial situation seems unbearable and neverending right now but it will get better. I promise. Though I am not very old I had the unfortunate honor of getting stuck with a bottomless pit of debt left to me by my ex-husband and a failed marriage. It took me years to get out of that debt and wasn't and easy road to go down. But I have finally recovered and am ever so grateful. Not to worry, everything will work out in time, and when it does, you will have the most beautiful home you could ever imagine.

Pauline said...

Thank you for your input, I love you both. :)

Unknown said...

These things are so difficult when you're right in them--there's almost no way to see past the situation. But, I know you will be blessed in ways you can't even yet fathom. You have worked so hard! And, you have accomplished a lot in the last year as you began whittling away at the financial stuff--it does suck sometimes because it takes time, but you are moving forward. Your hard work will pay off!

Anonymous said...

oh good grief! you are a 55 year old woman who owned a house but sold it after her children left. so you've rented for a years... big deal! you weren't sure where you wanted to be. i don't think there is anything wrong with you staying where you are. another 6 months to fix a few things on your credit and you're in!! besides... moving in the summer time will be easier on everyone. there was obviously some reason why you were not meant to live there. relax... you'll buy a little place when the time is right. and it will be just what you want. patience!